Bella Vita Day Program
Villa Italia Retirement Residence is a not-for-profit provider of quality continuum of residential care nurturing the uniqueness of seniors in a home environment with love, honour and respect.
Villa Italia, in partnership with our community, is dedicated to creating an exceptional and sustainable environment that:
- Provides compassionate resident-centred care that is responsive to changing needs.
- Embraces and provides a gracious home-like atmosphere that reflects the best of family traditions and heritage.
- Is the provider of choice for quality retirement living.
- Promotes and nurtures independent and active lifestyles.
Who is eligible?
The mandate of the Bella Vita Day Program is to enhance the well being of each participant through involvement in a supervised, supportive environment which offers a meal, physical and mental stimulation, spiritual opportunities, social activities, as well as health promotion.
- Seniors who are 65 years and older, with special needs who have a desire to attend a program
- Seniors who are physically and mentally capable of looking after themselves, with minimal supervision and/or assistance
- Seniors that require some medical supervision
- Seniors who have obtained the approval to participate from their physician
- Seniors who have provided documentation which includes medical and TB test reports and any other relevant information
What we do
We offer a variety of therapeutic social and recreational programs. Our programs and activities are specifically tailored for seniors to offer them a place to gather, interact and socialize in a secure, fun setting. We offer a variety of activities and programs that provide participants with both mental and physical stimulation as well as socialization and personal interaction. Our programs are proven to reduce isolation and loneliness, prevent physical decline and offer caregivers assistance. We help provide dignity in the face of healthcare challenges and offer a deep understanding of individual issues resulting in the highest quality of care.
Our program includes:
- Arts and Crafts - painting, knitting, crocheting, card making, scrap booking, seasonal crafts, baking
- Games - card games such as euchre, cribbage, board games, shuffleboard, bingo, Nintendo Wii
- Music - weekly entertainment during pubs on Friday afternoons
- Nutrition - a hot delicious and nourishing noon meal, with a glass of wine, as well as morning and afternoon snacks
- Exercises - four times weekly in a very passive manner while seated
- Special Events - along with our annual bazaar and resident parties, we also offer theme days, monthly birthday celebrations and transportation to outings
A daily fee of $40.00 will be charged. In the event of absence due to hospitalization, the Client’s program days will be maintained at no charge for a reasonable length of time.
Day Program Calendar
March Day Program Calendar April Day Program Calendar